Bitter cream mashed potatoes are a tangy twist on our favort mashed potatoes recipe!
Buttery potatoes are mashed till clean with bitter cream, butter, and seasonings. They’re so wealthy and velvety clean with a lot taste.
Maintain this recipe shut; everybody will ask for them repeatedly.
Simple & Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Easy elements with nice taste!
- Bitter cream provides additional tang to buttery mashed potatoes.
- They are often ready a few days forward and reheated proper earlier than serving. Really easy!
- No vacation is full with out home made mashed potatoes. They’re a hearty aspect that goes with any foremost dish protein and they are often stored heat for hours in a Crock Pot!
- Make it right into a crowd-pleasing mashed potato casserole and share at a potluck! Unfold the completed recipe in a casserole dish and canopy with cheddar cheese and bacon bits and place them below the broiler till the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Substances for Bitter Cream Mashed Potatoes
Potatoes – Use Yukon Gold or starchy potatoes like Russets or Idahoans. Peel them for a fluffier texture or preserve the peels on for a country look. Purple potatoes are much less starchy however will work.
Bitter Cream – Bitter cream provides these mashed potatoes a clean and barely tart taste. Greek yogurt will be substituted for bitter cream for fewer fat and energy.
Tips on how to Make Mashed Potatoes with Bitter Cream
- Prepare dinner the lower potatoes and garlic in salted water (per the recipe under). Drain nicely.
- Place the potatoes again within the pot and mash them with butter.
- Add the bitter cream and mash to desired consistency.
- Stir in chives and season earlier than serving sizzling.
Suggestions for the Finest Mashed Potatoes
- Minimize potatoes into equal items in order that they cook dinner on the identical fee. As soon as potatoes are cooked, pour them right into a colander and allow them to drain for about 5 minutes, this ensures they keep gentle and fluffy.
- Go away skins on for a country look or take away them for a smoother consequence.
- Hand mashers or potato ricers are superior for creating the fluffiest potatoes, electrical mixers will break down the starches and may make them gummy.
Maintain leftover bitter cream mashed potatoes coated within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop with somewhat milk or cream to loosen them up.
Freeze parts in zippered luggage for as much as 4 weeks.
Leftover Mashed Potatoes?
Did you make these Bitter Cream Mashed Potatoes? Make sure to go away a score and a remark under!
Bitter Cream Mashed Potatoes
Creamy and tangy mashed potatoes with butter, garlic, and bitter cream!
Peel the potatoes if desired *see be aware.
Quarter the potatoes, place in a pot of chilly salted water with the garlic. Deliver to a boil, cut back warmth to a simmer and cook dinner uncovered quarter-hour. Drain very nicely.
Add the melted butter to the potatoes and mash with a hand masher. Add bitter cream and proceed mashing to achieve desired consistency. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper. Serve sizzling.
*For a smoother mashed potato, peel the potatoes both earlier than or after boiling.
Yukon gold potatoes have a skinny pores and skin and will be left on for a extra rustic dish. If utilizing russet potatoes, they need to be peeled.
Don’t fear an excessive amount of concerning the measurement of the chopped garlic, it would cook dinner sufficient to taste the potatoes and mash together with them.
Use a hand masher, these will be mashed clean or left somewhat bit chunky for a “smashed potatoes” recipe.
Drain the potatoes nicely for the very best consistency.
To Make Forward
Observe the recipe under and permit the bitter cream potatoes to chill fully. As soon as cooled, retailer in an air-tight container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Warmth within the oven or microwave.
Energy: 741 | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 40g | Saturated Fats: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 10g | Trans Fats: 0.5g | Ldl cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 2109mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1325IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 4mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.