This Oreo Slab Pie is a simple pie recipe that feeds a crowd. A whipped no bake cheesecake layer loaded with Oreos sits on high of a buttery pie crust layered with sizzling fudge.
This submit is in partnership with Imperial Sugar. Click HERE for the FULL RECIPE!
Oreo Slab Pie Is An Simple Dessert Concept!
Oreo Slab Pie is a scrumptious dessert made with an Oreo cookie crust, a creamy and clean filling made with cream cheese, whipped cream, and crushed Oreos. The pie is then topped with extra crushed Oreos and whipped cream. It’s a good dessert for any event, whether or not it’s a household gathering, a potluck social gathering, or a dessert for a special day.
What’s Oreo Slab Pie?
Oreo slab pie is a comparatively new dessert that has gained reputation in recent times. It’s believed to have originated in america, the place Oreo cookies have been a beloved snack since their introduction in 1912. The primary Oreo pie recipes had been easy, consisting of crushed Oreo cookies blended with cream cheese or pudding. Nevertheless, over time, the recipe has advanced to incorporate a greater diversity of components and methods.
For the complete ingredient listing and recipe CLICK HERE!
- Pie Dough. You should utilize prepackaged pie crust, the field normally consists of two rolled up doughs, or you can also make your individual pie dough from scratch. I LOVE my All Butter Pie Crust recipe, and it will work completely for this recipe. I’ve used the Pillsbury model of pie dough in addition to Dealer Joe’s pie dough. I want Dealer Joe’s for prepackaged pie crust.
- Scorching fudge sauce. I just like the thick form within the jar, not the syrup-style. Chocolate Frosting would additionally completely work for this recipe and I’ve made it that approach too! Attempt my Creamy Chocolate Frosting, however reduce the recipe in half!
- Heavy whipping cream. You would additionally use Cool Whip for this recipe if you wish to skip making your individual!
- Cream cheese. Be sure it’s room temperature so it mixes evenly with out lumps!
- Bitter cream additionally at room temp for straightforward mixing.
- Powdered sugar. Utilizing powdered sugar provides a pleasant mild sweetness!
- Pure Vanilla extract
- Oreo cookies. You possibly can actually use any model, like Dealer Joe’s Jojos. It’s also possible to use Double Sfuf or the unique, whichever you favor!
Methods to make Oreo Slab Pie?
- Warmth the oven to 450°F.
- Take away pie doughs from packaging. On a frivolously floured floor, unroll and stack the dough on high of one another. Utilizing a rolling pin, roll to a 17×12- inch rectangle. Match the dough into an ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan (jelly roll pan) and press it into the corners and up the perimeters. Create an edge by folding the additional underneath alongside the highest of the pan, crimping to create a scalloped edge if desired.
- Use a fork to prick the dough all around the backside and sides and bake for 10 – 12 minutes till the crust is golden brown. Cool utterly.
- Unfold the recent fudge sauce evenly on high of the cooled crust. Put aside.
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the heavy cream for 1 – 2 minutes on medium-high velocity till stiff peaks kind. Switch the home made whipped cream to a big bowl and put aside.
- Add the cream cheese, bitter cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla into the bowl of the stand mixer and blend on medium velocity till creamy, scraping the perimeters of the bowl with a rubber spatula as crucial.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese combination till included.
- Finely chop 20 Oreo cookies. Fold the chopped cookies into the combination and unfold it on high of the recent fudge layer. You would additionally use a meals processor or blender for this step.
- Cowl the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for no less than 1 hour, till chilled.
- Minimize the remaining Oreo cookies in half and garnish. Minimize into slices to serve.
Since Oreo cookies are available in so many enjoyable flavors nowadays you will get artistic with this recipe! Listed here are a number of choices:
- Peanut Butter Oreos + Peanut Butter as a substitute of sizzling fudge
- Golden Oreos + Dulce De Leche as a substitute of sizzling fudge
- Birthday Cake Oreos + Funfetti Frosting as a substitute of Scorching Fudge
- Mint Oreos with a number of drops of peppermint extract as a substitute of vanilla extract
PIN for later: