Selfmade Cornbread is tender and fluffy with only a trace of sweetness and it’s simple to make from scratch.
It’s the right bread to serve alongside your favourite hearty soups, stews, and chili recipes! Gentle, tender and moist, this recipe is ideal for dipping, dunking, or slathering with butter.
Making cornbread from scratch is really easy!
This recipe has frequent baking ingrdients, like all-purpose flour for construction and texture, baking powder because the leavening agent, and eggs to assist bind all of it collectively. Listed here are a couple of different additions:
- Cornmeal: Yellow cornmeal is the star of the present and offers the cornbread its distinct yellow taste and coloration.
- Sugar: A contact of sweetness to steadiness out the flavors.
- Buttermilk: Not solely does it add a tangy taste, however it additionally helps the cornbread rise, making it fluffy and moist (see recipe notes for substitution).
- Butter: Butter provides richness and taste and helps create a golden brown crust.
No Buttermilk? No downside!
This recipe makes use of buttermilk for a wealthy taste in addition to to get an important rise. Make your personal buttermilk substitute by inserting 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar in a 1 cup measuring cup. Fill with milk, stir and let relaxation for five minutes.
This soured milk combination can be utilized in virtually any recipe calling for buttermilk.
This selfmade cornbread recipe is tremendous moist and tender with only a trace of sweetness. This isn’t a very candy cornbread (and it’s nice in stuffing or dressing).
I generally add a cup or so of corn kernels if I’ve them readily available (both canned and drained or frozen/defrosted). Different additions embrace diced jalapenos, shredded cheese, crumbled bacon (or bacon drippings rather than a few of the butter), or contemporary herbs.
Suggestions for Fluffy Moist Cornbread
- Like most fast bread recipes (equivalent to Banana Bread), combine the batter simply till moistened. Overmixing may cause a dry, powerful cornbread.
- Verify the cornbread a couple of minutes early to make sure it doesn’t over bake. If a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear, the cornbread is completed.
- Let the cornbread cool not less than 10 minutes earlier than slicing so it doesn’t collapse.
- Serve heat or reheat within the oven or microwave to reheat.
The best way to Retailer Cornbread
Cornbread is a scrumptious and moist fast bread and must be saved in a tightly sealed container at room temperature (or within the fridge).
To freeze cornbread, reduce it into squares and place it in an hermetic container. In case you are layering the cornbread, place parchment paper between the layers to keep away from it sticking. Thaw by letting it sit at room temperature for about half-hour.
For those who’d wish to reheat it, wrap it in foil and reheat it within the oven for about quarter-hour at 350°F.
Selfmade Cornbread Recipe
This straightforward cornbread recipe is gentle, fluffy, and scrumptious!
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a big bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter.
Pour the moist substances into the dry substances and stir till simply mixed. Don’t overmix.
Pour the combination into the ready pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
Energy: 232 | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1.5mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Recipe tailored from Chile Cheddar Cornbread.