Straightforward Shrimp Creole is a spicy, chunky tomato and inexperienced pepper combination that coats tender shrimp to make a hearty household meal achieved proper! Your loved ones will probably be jazzing throughout dinner with this traditional southern meal!
Convey the style of New Orleans into your property with this easy-to-make Shrimp Creole. The shrimp are simmered in a spicy tomato sauce and the dish is served over rice. For extra shrimp recipes do that Sticky Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp, this scrumptious Cajun Garlic Butter Shrimp, and this comforting Cajun Garlic Shrimp and Grits.
Straightforward Shrimp Creole
This straightforward shrimp creole is my new favourite shrimp dish! I grew up within the north, so these scrumptious and heartwarming southern dishes are nonetheless new to me. As I’ve began branching out and making an attempt new issues, I’ve fallen in love with southern delicacies! This recipe originated in Southern Louisiana the place gulf shrimp are well-known there. I’ve loved my time in Louisiana and have discovered a lot about their fashion of cooking.
Each time I journey I like to strive the native meals. Touring is the place I’ve discovered a few of my favourite recipes like my fish and chips recipe, Chicago-style deep dish pizza, and the best fried chicken I’ve ever had. There’s nothing like experiencing life via different individuals’s meals!
There are such a lot of elements you’ll be able to embrace on this straightforward shrimp creole! It is a record of probably the most fundamental elements, however you possibly can additionally add bay leaves, thyme, cayenne pepper, cajun seasoning, the record goes on! Nevertheless you repair it, you’re going to love the mix of flavors on this dish. You will discover measurements beneath within the recipe card.
- Olive Oil: I want olive oil for the flavour and it could possibly deal with a number of warmth. You should utilize your favourite oil, or no matter you might be used to cooking with
- Inexperienced Bell Pepper: They’re a bit of candy, and add numerous taste to this meal. They simply get higher over time!
- Onion: They’re nice at including numerous taste to the dish, and assist make all the different flavors within the dish shine.
- Celery Stalks: I like to chop off the tops and the white ends, and cube them into small items. You need them to prepare dinner shortly and be the proper chunk measurement.
- Garlic Cloves: Recent garlic provides a candy and savory taste. It makes for an incredible sauce.
- Stewed Tomatoes: You should buy stewed tomatoes in a can within the canned tomato part. I don’t use a particular model, and it’s best to be capable to discover them at your native grocery retailer.
- Tomato Sauce: I additionally purchase this from a can.
- Hen Broth: You possibly can additionally use vegetable inventory or a shrimp inventory.
- Chili Powder: Chili powder provides a bit of kick. You possibly can add extra for those who want extra spice, or add sizzling sauce too.
- Worchestershire Sauce: This sauce makes such a tremendous base for any dish.
- Shrimp: That is the important thing ingredient!
- Cornstarch: This helps thicken up the sauce.
- Water: Helps to make extra sauce.
Straightforward Shrimp Creole Recipe
I like this straightforward shrimp creole recipe as a result of it’s one pot that makes such a flavorful and scrumptious dinner. It’s so tasty with cauliflower rice and garnished with contemporary parsley. It is a hearty and filling meal that the entire household will love. The very best half is the cleanup is a breeze and the leftovers are unimaginable.
- Add Substances: In a medium sized skillet over medium excessive warmth add the olive oil. Then add in bell pepper, onion and celery after which prepare dinner till tender.
- Prepare dinner: Add in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, rooster broth, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Add shrimp and canopy and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes till the shrimp are cooked via. Combine collectively the cornstarch and water and stir into the sauce and prepare dinner for a further 1-2 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
Suggestions for Making Shrimp Creole
I feel you’re going to love making this shrimp creole! It’s easy and scrumptious, and also you solely soiled one pot or massive skillet. Critically, best clear up and it makes nice leftovers! Listed here are some suggestions for variations and methods to make it your individual.
- What to Serve It With: We like to serve this shrimp creole with white rice. You possibly can get pleasure from it with mashed potatoes or a pasta, comparable to angel hair, if you’re in search of one thing aside from rice. It’s best garnished with parsley and/or inexperienced onions. Lemon additionally provides an incredible sweetness and taste to the general dish due to the acid in it.
- Various Proteins: In case you are in search of different kinds of meat to serve with this, sausage or catfish are nice substitutions. Catfish and shrimp additionally mix effectively with this meal.
- Utilizing Totally different Inventory: In the event you want a extra fish-flavored inventory, comparable to shrimp or seafood inventory, you’ll be able to exchange the rooster broth for that added taste.
Straightforward shrimp creole makes such good leftovers! The flavors simply get higher with time. The one factor it’s a must to look out for shouldn’t be overcooking the shrimp once you reheat it. I prefer to put it again on the range and heat it actually slowly and undoubtedly don’t let it get too sizzling.
- Within the Fridge: You possibly can maintain your leftovers in an airtight container or the pot you cooked it in coated in plastic wrap within the fridge for 3-4 days.
In a medium sized skillet over medium excessive warmth add the olive oil. Add in bell pepper, onion and celery and prepare dinner till tender.
Add in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, rooster broth, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Add shrimp and canopy and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes till the shrimp are cooked via.
Combine collectively the cornstarch and water and stir into the sauce and prepare dinner for a further 1-2 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
Up to date Jan 16, 2023
Energy108kcal (5%)Carbohydrates17g (6%)Protein3g (6%)Fats4g (6%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gLdl cholesterol1mgSodium321mg (13%)Potassium287mg (8%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A718IU (14%)Vitamin C29mg (35%)Calcium74mg (7%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.