Ham and Cheese Quiche is a traditional mixture that’s positive to make this quiche a brand new household favourite! Simple to place collectively, this dish is ideal for brunch, breakfast, and even dinner!
I really like a scrumptious and savory breakfast dish! It kicks off the times and fills me proper up! You need to do that easy and straightforward Overnight Breakfast Casserole, this scrumptious Breakfast Casserole, or these traditional Sunny Side Up Eggs!
Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
I completely like to make quiches. They’re really easy to place collectively, and you may customise them with any fillings that you really want. This one is particularly scrumptious since you use traditional components like cheese and ham, which implies… Even your children will go loopy over it!
This ham and cheese quiche is so easy and straightforward as a result of you need to use premade dough for the crust. So all it’s important to do is put it within the pan, whip up the filling, and let it bake! It’s an ideal recipe to make forward of time too. Bake it with some cinnamon rolls and muffins, and you may have your self a scrumptious brunch!
Substances in Ham and Cheese Quiche
The components on this ham and cheese quiche are easy and straightforward; you most likely have already got most of them able to go in your kitchen! Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the put up for precise measurements.
- Pie Crust: You may simply seize a store-bought pie crust and hold it in your fridge till you’re able to go!
- Eggs: I all the time use massive eggs after I prepare dinner.
- Half and Half: You may simply make this at residence with this recipe or use complete or 2 p.c milk as a substitute.
- Salt and Pepper: These will improve all components’ flavors.
- Onion Powder: This provides some scrumptious taste with out being overpowering.
- Cooked Ham: You should buy cubed, cooked ham at your native grocery retailer to avoid wasting time!
- Mexican Mix Cheese: I all the time prefer to shred my cheese from the block in order that it melts into my quiche higher.
- Inexperienced Onion: You may add this to the quiche combine or use it as a garnish on prime.
How one can Make Ham and Cheese Quiche
This straightforward quiche recipe solely takes about 10 minutes of prep time. The remainder of the time is spent cooking within the oven! It’s really easy and scrumptious; it’s an ideal meal for your complete household!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit. Roll out the pie crust and form it right into a 9-inch pie dish. Put aside.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Add Cheese: Whisk in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Assemble: To assemble the quiche, place the cubed ham on prime of the pie crust to fill the underside of the pan.
- Pour: Pour the egg combination over the chopped ham.
- Sprinkle and Garnish: Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese over the egg combination. Garnish with diced inexperienced onion.
- Bake: Rigorously place the pie within the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes or till the ham and cheese quiche is cooked via.
- Let it Sit: Take away from the oven and permit the quiche to sit down for five minutes earlier than having fun with it!
Suggestions and Tips for Making the BEST Quiche
I really like this ham and cheese quiche, however you’ll be able to simply make it much more than that by including in veggies or completely different components that you simply love!
- Variations: Be happy so as to add as much as ½ cup of any recent veggies you need! I like mixing it up with diced bell pepper, chopped spinach, sliced mushrooms, chopped broccoli, and so forth., to make this quiche additional tasty!
- Use Dry Substances: Ensure to dry all of your filling components. The ham must be good and dry earlier than including it to the pie crust. Simply pat it down with a paper towel.
- Home made Pie Crust: If you wish to make your crust from scratch, you completely can! Use this recipe, it’s my grandma’s, and it’s good!
How one can Make it Forward of Time
This ham and cheese quiche is a good brunch recipe to make forward of time! You may both retailer it within the fridge or your freezer, whichever works greatest!
- Within the Fridge: Prepare dinner your quiche as directed and let it cool. Cowl it with some foil or a lid, and you may retailer it in your fridge for 2-3 days. If you find yourself able to eat it, let it sit at room temperature for quarter-hour. Then, reheat it within the oven at 350 levels Fahrenheit for about quarter-hour.
- Within the Freezer: After getting cooked your quiche, then you’ll be able to let it cool. Retailer it in an airtight container in your freezer (label it with the date!) and it’ll final about 2-3 months. While you need to eat it, let it thaw within the fridge in a single day. Then, cowl it with some foil and bake it at 350 levels for about 35 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Roll out the pie crust and form it right into a 9-inch pie dish. Put aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
Whisk in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
To assemble the quiche, place the cubed ham on prime of the pie crust to fill the underside of pan.
Pour the egg combination over the chopped ham.
Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese over the egg combination. Garnish with diced inexperienced onion.
Rigorously place the pie within the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or till the quiche is cooked via.
Take away from the oven and permit the quiche to sit down for five minutes earlier than having fun with it!
Initially Posted on Might 15, 2018
Up to date on December 20, 2022
Serving1sliceEnergy270kcal (14%)Carbohydrates12g (4%)Protein14g (28%)Fats18g (28%)Saturated Fats8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats7gTrans Fats0.01gLdl cholesterol177mg (59%)Sodium537mg (22%)Potassium172mg (5%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A414IU (8%)Vitamin C5mg (6%)Calcium167mg (17%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data relies on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.