Deal with your self with a slice of thick, wealthy, and moist banana bread. That is the best option to make it! It’s filled with taste and at all times successful with the household.
Banana bread is a must-make fast bread that’s so easy however SO scrumptious! You can even simply tweak it to create issues like strawberry banana bread, blueberry banana bread, or chocolate chip banana bread!
Banana Nut Bread Recipe
This recipe was submitted to me by one among my readers, Penny. She instructed me that I needed to give it a attempt. It’s my go-to banana bread recipe now! It’s gentle, moist, and amazingly delicate. Penny instructed me that this recipe has been in her household for 30 years. She despatched me an image of the recipe card and it seemed used and prefer it was 30 years previous! This recipe is certainly a keeper. It’s the most effective banana bread recipe that I’ve tried! I’m so glad that I’ve it for these over-ripe bananas.
Ever since Penny gave me the recipe card for this banana bread I haven’t been in a position to cease making it. My family and friends are at all times raving about it! It’s so moist each time and severely the best fast bread I’ve ever made. Make this for a fast snack, breakfast or a facet dish to any meal. Simply know, it gained’t final lengthy!
Elements You’ll Want
The perfect factor about banana bread is the ingredient listing is brief and candy. Nothing difficult right here, just a few over-ripe bananas and a handful of pantry staples! Try the recipe card beneath for precise measurements.
- Ripe Bananas: Make sure that the bananas are not less than noticed or a darkish brown colour. Mash them up with a fork or hand mixer.
- Baking Soda: This helps the bread rise as it’s baking.
- Vegetable Oil: Retains the bread moist.
- Sugar: Provides a contact of sweetness.
- Eggs: Eggs give the banana bread stability and construction.
- Salt: Only a pinch is all that you must improve the flavour of this bread!
- All-Goal Flour: This acts as the bottom of the dough. All-purpose flour works nice! Keep away from utilizing flour with a excessive protein content material to maintain your bread from turning out arduous and dense.
- Walnuts: I LOVE including chopped walnuts to my banana bread, however that is completely optionally available!
How Ripe Ought to My Bananas Be?
As soon as bananas begin turning brown with small and huge spots on them they turn into softer. After one other day or two the bananas will flip to a darkish brown or black coloring. That is the proper banana bread banana! If you’re not able to make banana bread fairly but with the ripe bananas, merely peel the bananas and place in a ziplock bag and freeze them. Then they will keep frozen for a month at a time. Now, you’ll at all times be able to make scrumptious do-it-yourself banana bread.
Mashing Your Bananas
Mashing bananas is straightforward as utilizing a hand mixer and beating on low then rising to medium-high velocity as soon as the bananas are mashed down sufficient.
The right way to Make the BEST Banana Bread
Combine all of it collectively and place in a loaf pan for baking. It’s actually that straightforward. That is the most effective dessert bread to make in a pinch!
- Mix: Combine along with a spatula or wooden spoon (all components) mashed bananas, baking soda, oil, sugar, eggs, salt and flour in a big mixing bowl.
- Add Nuts: For those who’re utilizing walnuts, fold them into your banana combination.
- Bake: Pour in a greased 9×5 loaf pan. Then bake in preheated oven at 350 levels for 35 to 40 minutes or till toothpick comes out clear.
Ideas, Substitutions, and Additional Add-Ins
Listed below are a number of easy substitutions so you can also make this bread with no matter you have got readily available!
- Butter: Salted butter can even work for this. Simply pass over the pinch of salt.
- Sugar: For those who love a bit extra sweetness, substitute white sugar for brown sugar, or for a more healthy choice attempt coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener.
- Frozen Bananas: Use frozen bananas by thawing them in a single day at room temperature. If there may be any liquid from the bananas, merely discard that earlier than mashing.
What Can You Add to Banana Bread?
That is the enjoyable half! You possibly can combine in dried fruit, nuts, and even prime your banana bread with a layer of frosting. The choices are countless and have a lot taste to every of them. Making this bread over and over simply create extra concepts for enhancing taste in every loaf.
- Chocolate Chips: Who can resist chocolate? Chocolate chips could be sprinkled on prime, within the batter or each!
- Nuts or Seeds: I do love walnuts however pecans, sunflower seeds or pecans make for an added delicate crunch.
- Dried Fruit: Cranberries, blueberries, raisins or apricots change this banana bread into one thing contemporary and fruity!
- Toppings: Cream cheese frosting, maple syrup or only a easy slice of butter unfold over prime makes for a scrumptious snack.
The right way to Preserve Banana Bread Moist
You guessed it! This bread freezes SO effectively! It’s meant to be a freezer bread for certain. There are a number of choices on the way to retailer it. Decide which one is finest for your loved ones, that’s, you probably have any leftover bread! I are inclined to triple this recipe simply so I’ve one loaf I’m able to place within the freezer for later.
- At Room Temperature: That is a straightforward means of storing the bread that can be eaten shortly. Place the cooled bread in a ziplock bag or hermetic container. Then retailer within the pantry or counter at room temperature. All the time preserve the bread wrapped or saved when not consuming. This can lock within the taste and preserve it moist.
- Within the Freezer: Permit the bread to chill utterly. Then wrap the complete loaf tightly utilizing plastic wrap or aluminum foil. I like to recommend going round about 2 to three occasions. Place the wrapped bread in a big freezer ziplock bag and lay within the freezer. When able to get pleasure from, thaw within the fridge or at room temperature.
Initially Posted on October 24, 2012
Energy229kcal (11%)Carbohydrates27g (9%)Protein4g (8%)Fats12g (18%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Ldl cholesterol33mg (11%)Sodium123mg (5%)Potassium56mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar14g (16%)Vitamin A48IU (1%)Calcium13mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.