Ham is a vacation favourite and the right Sunday supper! We like it oven roasted, slow-cooked, and even smoked. Add a candy caramelized glaze, salt, pineapple, or mustard.
As a lot as we love the principle occasion, I feel we love leftovers much more. Under are our favourite Leftover Ham Recipes
What To Do With Leftover Ham
My household prefers glazed ham to turkey and I really like that it’s really easy to make! It takes little or no prep work (particularly in the event you Cook a Spiral Ham or cook it in the air fryer).
However among the finest components of an enormous meal (like a baked ham dinner) is the leftovers! Begin by simply reheating leftover ham slices and consuming them as is, or get inventive with our favourite recipes for leftover ham under!
To Reheat Leftover Ham
Preheat the oven to 325°F and canopy leftover ham in a shallow baking dish. Add ½ cup of broth to the dish and reheat for 20-25 minutes or till heated by means of. This may range based mostly on how massive the piece of ham is, how it’s reduce (thick vs. skinny), and the way a lot ham is being reheated.
Solely must reheat a bit or two? Attempt reheating the leftover ham within the air fryer. Be mindful the ham is already cooked so it simply must be reheated, not cooked!
Find out how to Retailer Leftover Ham
So precisely how lengthy does cooked ham final? It’ll final just a few days within the fridge or longer within the freezer. Cube and bundle it into 1 cup parts to make it straightforward to make use of in recipes! A ham bone makes nice soups. Hold it within the freezer after which use it proper from frozen!
Fridge: Cooked leftover ham (spiral or different) could be saved within the fridge for 3-4 days. (This additionally contains leftover sandwich meat ham as soon as opened). Freeze it and it’ll last more.
Freezer: Leftover ham must be nicely sealed (or vacuum sealed) and the leftovers could be frozen for as much as 2 months.
- Black Eyed Peas Recipe (with Ham) is somewhat bit like a soup however with much less broth. So chunky and flavorful, good for serving with rice.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu is created from rooster breast rolled with cheese and ham. Simply have a look at that image! So exhausting to withstand.
- Ham Balls are created from floor ham after which coated in a candy crimson sauce. This recipe is certainly a keeper.
- Linguine Carbonara is a creamy Italian dish, made with a white sauce, and items of ham. So scrumptious.
Ham Salad is nice for utilizing leftover ham and for sandwiching between two slices of white bread.
Monte Cristo Sandwich is the king of grilled cheese sandwiches.
Ham Soup Recipes
Leftover diced ham is a flavorful addition to soups and stews. It pairs nicely with candy veggies like corn and candy potatoes and provides nice taste to cream or potato-based soups.
As for what to do with the leftover hambone… it’s nice for ham soups or to make a flavorful ham broth.
Ham and Corn Chowder is a fast weeknight meal with a lot of corn, veggies, bacon and ham. This corn soup recipe is wealthy, creamy and scrumptious.
Questioning what to do with that leftover ham? Break up pea soup is such a flavorful dish! Break up peas and ham are simmered in a scrumptious broth to present you a thick and hearty soup.
Ham and Bean Soup is a simple “no-soaking required” recipe. Good in your leftover vacation ham, this takes simply minutes to arrange and cooks effortlessly within the sluggish cooker all day lengthy!
On the lookout for a hearty soup to fed a crowd? This ham and lentil soup is really easy to make! Made with a ham bone or diced leftover ham, it’s so delish! Serve with a loaf of crusty bread for the right meal!
10 Extra Methods to Use Leftover Ham
Ham is such a simple reduce of meat to cook dinner with. Use it to interchange rooster or floor beef. It additionally makes nice sandwiches or is ideal for snacking by itself!
- Add it instead of rooster in a quick fried rice recipe!
- Change the rooster in your favourite chicken pot pie recipe.
- Serve a easy ham sandwich by frying the ham and placing it on toast with cheddar cheese and mustard.
- Prime your favourite pizza dough with ham (or add it to a frozen pizza).
- Cube leftover ham into small items and add it to cooked peas with butter.
- Deck out your fave baked potatoes with butter, bitter cream, cheddar, and ham for a simple meal!
- Add ham and cheddar to homemade biscuits and serve heat with butter.
- Add ham to virtually any pasta salad recipe or macaroni salad!
- Add diced ham to scrambled eggs or omelets.
- Chop it up and add it to mashed potatoes or mashed potato cakes
Depart a remark under and tell us what your favourite leftover ham recipe is!