‘Tis the season to be grateful. However I’d argue that preserving a posture of gratitude is wholesome all 12 months lengthy. We’ve heard the studies and we all know the benefits of gratitude—however how will we faucet into it day by day? It’s really easy to get misplaced in our to-do lists and anxieties. Regardless of my greatest intentions, a gratitude observe is simply not on the high of my checklist. Nonetheless, with the ability of just a little habit stacking, I do are likely to open my journal on most mornings. And calling on gratitude prompts is the quickest strategy to get me into the mindset I’m looking for—one which makes the mundane lovely and offers me a real sense of gratefulness for this little life.
Picture above by Jenn Rose Smith, from our interview with Riley Reed
Get Respiration Area
A twice-monthly word from me to you. What’s at the moment on my thoughts, in my cart, on my plate, and extra. Drop your e mail to subscribe.
Thanks for Signing Up!
Seems such as you’re already signed up or your e mail handle is invalid.
Seems such as you unsubscribed earlier than click here to resubscribe.
One factor that’s modified my perspective recently is to try to place extra emphasis on folks over issues. I’ve a pocket book filled with gratitude entries that checklist out how a lot I really like my espresso or this “pretty breeze we’re having.” This mind-set actually heightens my consciousness of the world round me. Nonetheless, probably the most highly effective shift comes after I deal with the folks in my life. From household to associates to co-workers and even run-ins with a sort stranger, actually meditating on what makes every individual so significant has amplified the colour of my world—and brought the highlight off myself.
Listed below are 18 gratitude writing prompts to assist harness your thankfulness on this season and the subsequent.
Gratitude Journal Prompts For a Grateful Life
- Make a listing of 10 belongings you’re grateful for that you simply usually wouldn’t suppose twice about.
- What’s one thing you needed earlier than that you’ve now? Do you now take it with no consideration or are you grateful?
- What’s one thing you need extra of? Write a thank-you word from the attitude that you have already got it.
- Write about 5 good issues that occurred to you final month.
- What’s one thing you discovered final month?
- Write down a number of of your favourite literary quotes that make you smile.
- What are three issues that make you are feeling such as you?
- What stress-relieving merchandise/motion are you grateful for?
- Look within the mirror and resist the pull to suppose adverse ideas. Write down the optimistic belongings you see.
- Write about somebody you’re grateful for.
- What’s one thing you’re trying ahead to?
- What’s the neatest thing that occurred to you yesterday?
- Who was the final individual to make you smile?
- What’s your favourite factor about your companion?
- Write concerning the final time you felt actually at peace.
- Replicate in your favourite vacation and the moments you get pleasure from most.
- What’s a lesson you’ve discovered that you simply’re grateful for?
- Write a couple of favourite reminiscence from the previous 12 months.